The Hardest Part

You know the first time I tackled a Whole 30 a year ago I couldn't even imagine going thirty days without drinking alcohol. At all. Not even a little bit. Not even in cooking. What? I can't do that. How will I ever do that?

Let me let you in on a little secret. It is actually pretty easy. You just don't have any. Period. I can want a glass of wine or vodka straight up, but you just decide not to have any. It is really so easy. Hey, it's only thirty days and I will enjoy wine again. Just not now.

The hardest part is giving up sugar. Because you can choose not to add honey to your tea or baked goods. Hey, that's fine. Okay, I got this. I probably shouldn't have too much fruit either. Okay. Check. But how many million times over the last twenty-five days have I had something I thought was Whole 30 acceptable only to find out after the fact that it contained sugar. Sugar is in everything.

If you have diabetes you know you have to watch these things, but you could do better. The rest of everyone else doesn't even know how much sugar they eat unknowingly. And what life could be like without it. I think everyone should try a Whole 30. It's all about awareness. You'll be amazed at what you learn.

Comments

Popular Posts