A Long Weekend, No New Windows Opened

What a pleasant, long weekend. Friday night our choreographer warned us that our legs and feet were very important to her and not to open any new windows over the weekend. There is a song in the show called Open A New Window that is about living life to the fullest and taking advantage of every possible opportunity. So, the show has taught us wonderful life lessons, but we can not implement them for another three weeks! On Saturday I attended the roaring races. I'm told it was a good day to go to the races because there were no novelty events and there were two 50-lap races that had previously been delayed due to rain. I like the novelty events. In search of more excitement, I considered hijacking a school bus and racing it out on the track. I decided this might fall under the heading of "opening a new window," so I refrained. Sunday I experienced the most gruelling first technical rehearsal I've ever been involved in. It was about 5 1/2 hours long. There were several scene changes that didn't go well and we would have to reset the previous scene and do the whole thing over again. By the time we got to act two, they decided there wasn't enough time to run through, so we just hopped from cue to cue. It was the only saving grace of the day. The show has been growing leaps and bounds every night. With the addition of costumes, hair, and makeup, this show is really becoming three-dimensional. I have full confidence that we will have a stellar show by Friday, thank goodness, because there are a lot of people counting on it! I'm going to soak up all of these last precious moments of rehearsal...the fizz doesn't fizz too long and this is the good stuff.

Comments

Popular Posts