First Unfortunate Funnel Clouds

Yesterday marked my first tornado in Central Illinois. We escaped damage to the building at work, but I think all of our stations were off the air. My home on the north side of town also escaped damage, but there were several buildings demolished in nearby towns when tornadoes touched down there late in the afternoon. http://www.sj-r.com/homepage/x1373192379/Sangamon-under-tornado-warning I've been told that for Spring and Fall this is pretty much the norm around here. I am so glad to have a room set up in the basement now; however, I've decided I may need to practice getting Peanut down there before our lives depend on it. I also probably should stock the basement with some emergency supplies. I'm a little concerned that I won't know when to take shelter considering I don't have television. I get weather updates via text message, but think I might need to put a weather radio on my wish list. I should probably also put renter's insurance on my wish list, but I have to get rid of that house I'm paying home owner's insurance on first. Come on with the buyers already.

Comments

Popular Posts