State Fair Fun

I did as much State Fairing as I could over the weekend. I enjoyed a gyro (seems they are always delicious) as well as a garlic chicken wrap, butterfly chips, and a gigantic iced tea from the French booth in the Ethnic Village. I also managed to find some batter fried mushrooms that were not so delicious. Honestly I still have my eye on a corn dog and the pizza on a stick has me intrigued. I'd like to squeeze that in as well. Friday I spent the evening in the Coors Tent enjoying ice-cold Coors Light and checking out Who's Bad - The Ultimate Michael Jackson tribute band. The background dancers were really my favorite part of that. Saturday I checked out the Artisan building and fought the crowds in the Dairy building to see the infamous butter cow. It was pretty gross. I saw people with ice cream, but I figured they didn't have any soy ice cream in the dairy building, so I departed as quickly as possible. I've never seen so much carnival in all of my life. I'm not a rides/carnival kinda gal, so mostly it is just intriguing. Unfortunately there are kids everywhere at a carnival. Every time I took a step I was running into one of them. I headed back to the Coors tent for a respite and some Corona Lights. The early evening band was entertaining, but since Who's Bad played again Saturday night. I took off early for the air conditioning of my favorite neighborhood bar, Franny's. Sunday I had planned to find the Hobby, Arts, & Crafts building and possibly a corn dog, but the rain kept me inside watching movies and snuggling with Peanut. All in all, it was a pretty good very first IL State Fair for me.

Comments

Popular Posts