Grey Gardens No More

I've been meaning to bring my camera along on a morning walk for weeks now. I wanted to capture a photograph of my very own neighborhood Grey Gardens. There were windows missing, broken, and boarded over. There was an abundant amount of garbage laying around the house. But, the best part was the overgrown back yard. The whole thing was weeds, but they stood taller than me. At one point in time there was a dog kennelled in the back yard, but by mid-summer you couldn't see him anymore through all the weeds. About a week ago I noticed that the empty (and never used) garbage cans had been removed from the alley way. The alley weeds had also been mowed down. Shocking! I've suspected that the house has been vacant mostly because the dog went away at some point. But this morning, there was a man and a truck! He was hauling out appliances. I can only imagine what the inside of this place looks like, but if you've seen Grey Gardens that is what I picture. As I rounded the block and walked through the alley this morning I got the biggest shock of all. Almost all of the weeds in the back yard have now been mowed down. You can actually see the back of the house. Crazy! It may be that a landlord has evicted the renters and is now trying to clean up the property. However, I have to be honest, I hope it gets torn down. That place is fucking creepy.

Comments

Popular Posts