Long, Hot Sunday

I was up bright and early today to get to the store and pick up more mulch and a few more plants. When I got home I avoided the outdoors at all costs.

I switched my decorations to summer, I read a magazine, I did a little cleaning, and even tried to watch Sherlock Holmes for a second time (I just couldn't get into it).

Finally about three, I decided the 90 degree temps would be cooling and I headed outdoors. I added some beautiful red mulch to the front flower bed and then I dug into the new flower bed.

I had to dig up grass and bricks to make my new bed and it was gruelling to say the least. But I had new plants waiting to get their roots into the soil and I was determined to make that happen today.

I'm so glad it did! I can't wait to watch them grow. I already have been thinking of the next project, but will be glad to take a break next week to go to Wisconsin.

I feel as though I may be feeling the pain from all this work by tomorrow. My hands and blisters already hurt!

Comments

Popular Posts