G, P, and B&BBQ

Today was a fantastic weekend day.

I started earlier than most weekend days on a golf course. Two lady friends and I went out golfing and then out for breakfast and it was so much fun. We'll have to do it again...although my arms and shoulders are bound to be sore tomorrow from my power drive. I was never as good at putting as I was at the drive. I think that is in part because my golfing experience in high school gym consisted of driving over the football field.

Anyhoo, I mustered up minimal motivation to get a little house cleaning done even though I really just wanted to nap on the porch couch after my big morning at the golf course (I placed second, by the way, with twice the par of the course).

Then I headed to work to plant my new potted palm. I'm so excited. Check out how much more homey my office looks. I could live there!

I topped off my fabulous Saturday with Blues & BBQ downtown Springfield. In the perimeter of the old state capitol, we sought out Midstate Meats to indulge in a meat man's Meat Parfait. I managed to power through a few layers of mashed potatoes and barbecued pork before hitting the meat parfait wall. It was unbelievably delicious, but it didn't leave much room for beer.

The slope was slippery on the way down to sleppyland after that. We hung out in the street in the cool and breezy night air while trying to consume a few beers, but eventually the meat parfait sleepiness took hold and we needed to head home.

Today was a practically perfect day and I can't wait to see what's in store fort tomorrow!

Comments

Popular Posts