Not Your Average Day

It wasn't your average day at the office.

The day derailed early when a few of us started plotting. The plan was that the smallest of us would hide under the boss' desk when we saw her car pull into the parking lot and surprise her when she got into her office.

To better see into the parking lot, I started to move my desk, which I've been meaning to do for ages anyhow. The littlest was helping me until we realized the boss surprised us all by parking in the front lot. The prankster quickly hid herself under the desk, but I didn't hide my messy office fast enough.

Boss Lady opened her office, but quickly decided she should help me finish arranging my office. And despite me swearing I could take care of it myself, she helped me get everything back in place...while the littlest hid under the desk for about a half hour.

By that time, the prank fizzled out. Someone was in the hall pretending to look for a picture on her phone as she recorded everything and others kept peeking to check on the situation. All this and my trying to push her out of my office, tipped Boss Lady off that something was up and she eventually saw the hider's arm under her desk.

The good news is that I finally got my office rearranged! I even went out over lunch and picked up a palm I had been dreaming of for a bare corner. It's so homey and I think it's going to be so much more functional. I thoroughly enjoyed not having to walk all the way around my desk to get out of my office this afternoon. I'm going to be able to increase productivity tenfold!



Comments

Popular Posts