Be The Light

BE THE LIGHT. LIVE YOUR LIFE FEARLESSLY

It was still mid-August when I packed my bags in Pikeville, KY and departed for Manitowoc, WI. Navigating towards Wisconsin from the Southland and Eastern time zone really was beginning to feel as though I was wrapping up my trip. I had one more stop to make in Manitowoc to puppy sit and keep an eye on my brother's teens, but I had these precious twelve hours all to myself and had the freedom to decompress and prepare for the next leg of my journey.

Not having prepared what I would be listening to on the road, I dialed into YouTube and chose the first video that popped up for me, an Abraham Hicks video: Be the Light & You Will Create Magic

"You're not here to bring light into the world, you're here to be the light."

Good old YouTube always delivers a message I need to hear.  This video reminded me that everyone needs to find their own way day by day, moment by moment. All I can do is point people in the right direction. My job is to be the light regardless of the circumstances surrounding me. I can't be the light for someone else, I can only shine my light brightly until others want the same for themselves. 

I so needed that message at that time and a few months later I still need that message. This trip provided so much growth for me and coming back to the real world, to all the people I couldn't bring along with me, was hard. I still don't feel like I fit back in the places I left behind, but I'm trying to remember to continue to be the fullness of what I have become without reverting. I hope that I'll continue to get better at this!

YouTube then sent me to an interview from Hay House with Wayne Dyer and Abraham Hicks and another interview with Oprah and Abraham Hicks. Both great on their own merit, but two times already I heard mention of Anita Moorjani's book "Dying to be Me." I thought, "What the heck.. I have Audible and several hours left to go." So I downloaded the book on the spot. 

According to her website, Anita Moorjani faced a four-year battle with cancer and ultimately fell into a coma as her organs began to shut down. She says "I journeyed into a near-death experience (NDE) where I was given the choice to return to my physical form or to continue into this new realm. I chose the former, and when I regained consciousness, my cancer began to heal." Since then, she has strived to share her powerful story and the lesson she learned on the other side, "Love yourself fully. That's what you're here to do."

Anita chronicles her life circumstance that led her to sickness, the profound experience on the other side, and coming back to this world with her newfound knowledge. There is so much to unpack in this book. So much of what she says reflects my own beliefs, but I think the life and death balance is what makes it such a powerful story. 

I didn't quite get to the end of the book by the time I reached my destination, so I tried to listen to bits and pieces here and there over the next couple of days. But honestly I started it over from the near death experience when I departed Manitowoc later that week. And I started it over from the beginning another couple days later while riding with my sister up to Hayward for our annual family vacation. And with another trip to Manitowoc looming ahead of me, I may just listen again. I want to absorb every last drop. 

There were so many beautiful little nuggets throughout the story. I want to write all of them down, but this one phrase stays with me. It was what Anita's father and her best friend told her on the other side before she came back. "Go back and live your life fearlessly."

LEARN MORE ABOUT MY TRIP & DONATE

Comments

Popular Posts