Auditions And Drinks With Mozzarella On Top

A coworker just called me to ask me how to spell mozzarella. Seriously? I typed it in Word to check the spelling myself. For cryin' out loud! I have to do everything for these people! Last night I attended the big LCCT auditions for Mame. The singing part of the audition was long and painful due to a lot of people singing full songs instead of the requested 16 bars. I sang my 16 from "Anything Goes." Not too shabby. For the dance audition we got to do the Charleston. I turned to Vicki behind me and exclaimed, "I REALLY want a part in this show!" When the choreographer suggested we practice on our own for a few minutes I had to share with Betty Meeks that I have been practicing for the last 20 years. We finally got to the cold readings and I was called up several times despite the fact that there were a lot of people to audition. I'm taking that as a good sign. They are doing another round of auditions tonight, possible callbacks on Wednesday, and I guess we'll find out later this week whether I get to do back to back shows or not. I was so tired during the audition, I had to ask myself "Why?" I think this will be the opportunity of a lifetime...well, my lifetime so far, anyhow. I really want to work with this director; I think I have a lot to learn from her. Keep your fingers crossed for me! I persevered through the sleepy audition, so I figured I might as well stay out a little longer to indulge in some cocktails and rehashing of the evening's activities. We also had some work to do convincing another guy to go to auditions, so we dragged him out too. Overall, a productive evening. Boy, am I tired, though.

Comments

Popular Posts