Whirlwind Weekend

It is over and I am more exhausted than I was at the beginning of the weekend! Friday was nice. I got to sleep in and do some shopping. Because I got some new trousers, my sister got some new trousers too! I'm sure she appreciates me finally having time to go shopping. I put together some little cast gifts and had plenty of time for hair and makeup before heading off to the theatre.

When I got there, the Holmen Branch surprised me with an excessively gigantic bouquet of roses in two shades of pink and white daisies! Beautious. Thanks guys! Saturday proved to be less productive. After a bout of drinking Friday night at a downtown tavern, I crashed at a friend's apartment and didn't get home until Saturday. Then I spent a good portion of my awake time thinking about how I didn't want to do another show and lounging on the couch watching Dream Girls. I finally got ready and dragged my ass to the theatre for round two.

A friend came to the show and we went out to Smokey's afterwards. It was my first trip to Smokey's this summer and we had a great time. Maybe a little too great. Sunday was another late start. Once awake, I perused my recipes looking for something to make that I had ingredients for in the house. I had wanted to make the grasshopper torte ice cream cake, but due to my lack of planning, I didn't have enough time for it to set before the Hot Tub party scheduled to start at 1pm. I ended up going with a package of cocktail wieners that were in my freezer and some barbecue sauce. As simple as they are, they were a big hit. I only had four left to get rid of before heading home. When I got home, I was tired! I took a nap, got up to feed Peanut, took another nap, got up to take Peanut out, finished watching a movie, and then tried to go to sleep. Why, oh why, did I get convinced to audition for Mame tonight?

Comments

Popular Posts