Follow The Yellow Brick Road

On Sunday I decided to move some potted plants to the patio and got distracted by these bricks peering out at me from under my shrubbery. They we fairly exposed under there and I began to wonder how many there were. I've been thinking a path from my back gate to the patio would be nice. I bent over and started pushing grass aside to locate the bricks. I stepped back a little... more bricks. Over to the right side.... more bricks. I got down on my hands and knees and started pulling grass out from between the bricks. Then I started pulling soil and grass chunks off that had grown over the bricks. I took a common sense break to eat something, change clothes, and put on sun screen. Then I got out my tools and began to seriously dig. I thought maybe it was an overgrown old patio, but think now it may be the original driveway. It is at a level right below where the concrete was poured as if they poured right over the old bricks. Anyhow, after a whole afternoon of digging in the back yard, I've uncovered a nice little patch of bricks. When I have more time (after the big party) I may try to actually dig them out and reposition. In the meantime, I'm getting more and more things up on the walls. Last night was my vanity mirror, shelves, and a curtain rod in the bedroom. Then I was able to unpack the two boxes of my vanity collection to put on the shelves. Almost all the boxes upstairs have been emptied. I'm finally getting close to being settled in. I was moving pretty slowly last night due to a skull-crushing headache which I am blessed to still have today. You know it is bad when you wake up and it hasn't gone away yet. Due to all the bug bites on my legs (probably from digging in the dirt of my backyard), I'm referring to this headache as the encephalitis headache. It has that brain swelling kinda feeling.

Comments

Popular Posts