Choose To Want It

I've heard a lot of people taking about willpower lately. I guess it's that time of year where everyone sets unrealistic expectations for themselves and then they determine they don't have enough willpower to accomplish their goals, so they go back to the same old same old.

It is easier to do nothing over practically anything. But it's also easy to curl up with a good book and read it cover to cover. It's easy to make time to see friends and family. It's easy to dedicate an afternoon to a favorite hobby or an evening to a night out on the town. It doesn't take any willpower at all to do something you want to do.

I'm finding that truth in my Whole 30 experience. It's something I wanted to do for a long while and it feels right. It was the right timing when it landed under my nose and it took all of thirty seconds to decide it was what I wanted. Even struggling through the headaches and crab monsters, I didn't consider giving up on what I wanted. And I'm feeling great now!

So instead of silly new years resolutions, spend your days deciding what you really want out of life and go do it. You'll be surprised how little willpower you need when you follow heart.

Comments

Popular Posts