Hard Day

I had absolutely no focus today. I tried really hard, so A+ for effort!

I've had two nights in a row of not great sleep, so that doesn't help. I started my day this morning at work with a cup of coffee with Splenda. Oops. Not supposed to have sugar. I didn't even realize I did it until I went for the coconut milk for my second cup.

My planned food all went fine. I don't really have cravings so much, but when the stress level went up I could have eaten those mini snickers...like a whole bag of them. In normal life I don't usually even eat candy. And then I REALLY wanted a bottle of red wine to wash it down. Luckily I fantasized about it enough to not actually need it.

I got home bummed and burnt out and it took a Peanut snuggle and twenty minutes doing nothing but lying on the couch to lift my spirits. It helped that I had mapped out what I would eat this week, because I definitely didn't want something good for me, but after a few slices of lunch meat (thank goodness for the blood sugar lift), I began to prepare dinner anyhow. The aroma of my chicken cacciatore bubbling away on the stove, filled me with motivation to get a few things done around the house.

Before long I had enjoyed a satisfying, healthy dinner, started laundry, changed sheets, and ran the dishwasher. I quickly prepared my food for tomorrow and got the house in order with high hopes of an early bedtime. This hard day is saying goodnight!

Comments

Popular Posts