Survival

I survived day one of this, our last year.

After a safe night spent at the hotel, I woke with the first light and rushed home to reunite with Peanut. He was fast asleep on his little bed, pushed up against the dresser for optimal snuggling. I woke him for a trip outside and breakfast, followed closely by family nap time.

I hoped to sleep away my headache, but to no avail. By the time I woke again I had to rely on medication to ease the pain. It was probably for the best considering I ached all over. This spring chicken may have finally learned her lesson about wearing crazy high heels on a concrete convention center floor and standing all night long. Ouchy!

It was also a good day to consider doing more for myself that will make me feel better on a regular basis. It's going to mean taking a whole month off from drinking, but I think I'm finally ready to give the Whole 30 challenge a try. I would love to break the gluten habit considering I'm pretty sure I'm allergic to it. I'm hoping this might do the trick. Wish me luck!

Comments

Popular Posts