Cheers! And Talking Skulls

http://www.awa.dk/glosary/slainte.htm

The funniest part for me on the above link is that America says "Cheers" except in Wisconsin. Seriously? Of all the country we are the exception? I say "cheers!" I'm from Wisconsin. So I say "Prost" on occasion too... so what!

I've been looking forward to today for at least two days (I was on the juice again). I'm ready for a cocktail to undo all the work I did over the last two days. I'm feeling less stressed just thinking about it. Ah... wine. The Wine Guyz... now that's good wine!

So, I was looking for a quote from the skull from The Last Unicorn and stumbled across this one:

"When I was alive, I believed--as you do--that time was at least as real and solid as myself, and probably more so. I said 'one o'clock' as though I could see it, and 'Monday' as though I could find it on the map; and I let myself be hurried along from minute to minute, day to day, year to year, as though I were actually moving from one place to another. Like everyone else, I lived in a house bricked up with seconds and minutes, weekends and New Year's Days, and I never went outside until I died, because there was no other door. Now I know that I could have walked through the walls." -The Skull

It really seems to fit what I was reading last night in the Illusions book I've been working on. I love when things start fitting together like puzzle pieces. Zum Wohl!

Comments

Popular Posts