Life Is Beautiful Illusions

Last night I finally got a chance to sit down and watch Life is Beautiful, an Italian film about a man and a boy who find themselves in a concentration camp and pretend everything is a game just to make it through. It is all about the survival of the human spirit in the face of horror. I have a hard time just sitting and watching TV; I usually have to be doing something else. Due to the Italian language and subtitles, I needed to invest myself fully in this picture show. I resisted the urge to fold laundry, iron clothes, or page through a magazine the entire time and it was well worth the one hundred and sixteen minute investment. My sister claims this as her favorite movie. I'd have to say it has got to be right up there. I think I would enjoy it more with each viewing. With the remaining evening last night I began the book Illusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah by Richard Bach. After my Philosophy of Lisa conversation at the WLOP, a co-worker lent me this book thinking it would be right up my alley. I've gotten through the first two chapters and I have to admit, I did not want to stop reading. Thanks for the suggested reading, I'll keep you posted on my progress! I made it through my two-day juice diet and I have two words to say about that: cocktails anyone?

Comments

Popular Posts