This recipe was adapted from a recipe in my Ultra-Metabolism Cookbook.
1/4C cashew butter*
1 Tbsp unseasoned rice vinegar
2 Tbsp lime juice
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1 Tbsp pressed garlic
8oz chicken breast
2C shredded green cabbage
4 medium carrots, shredded
1/2C red bell pepper, diced
Juice of 1 orange**
* First of all I did not have cashew butter, so I combined 1/2C cashews and about 2 Tbsp vegetable oil in my little ninja and processed until smooth. Then measured out 1/4 cup.
1. In a salad dressing shaker, combine all dressing ingredients and shake to combine.
2. Dice the chicken and cook in skillet over medium high heat with a little sesame oil, salt, and pepper until no trace of pink remains.
3. Meanwhile, I again whipped out my ninja to process chunks of cabbage and carrots into small pieces.
4. In a large bowl, combine cabbage, carrots, red pepper, and juice of one orange. Add dressing and stir to coat.
5. When chicken is done add to salad and toss again.
6. Serve with a sprinkle*** of cilantro and chopped cashews on top.
** The orginal recipe called for orange segments cut into chunks. I attempted this and discovered that oranges make me angry. After spending ten minutes attempting to get all the crap off the orange, I just squeezed juice in. I may be tempted to use a canned orange in this salad.
*** Take note if your cilantro spice jar is missing the proper filter for "sprinkling." This is very imporant as I discovered, if you try to sprinkle from an open jar, it turns out to be more of a "dump" than a "sprinkle."
NOTE TO SELF: LOOK UP NATURAL, WHOLE 30-APPROVED BREATH REFRESHERS AS THIS SALAD IS GARLIC PACKED AND MAYBE NOT APPROPRIATE FOR THE WORKPLACE.