Swingin'

It was a really long week getting back in the swing of the real world. Monday morning started early for me and with the first rehearsal for To Kill A Mockingbird, it was a late night too. Luckily work was slow enough to allow me to get caught up quickly and had enough wiggle room to get my brain back into worker bee mode.

And at five o'clock on Friday I was done with work for the week! That hasn't happened in awhile. I hit up the grocery store for a few things so I could prepare parmesan chicken nuggets. I had been thinking about them all day and they were so exactly what I needed. Delightfully delicious!

The highlight of my relaxing weekend back home again would have to be finally visiting the drive in theatre. There was a Batman movie out recently and it was showing with Spiderman.

Batman was long and slow and long and tense and slow. It was okay, but when it ended after eleven I thought I should head home to Peanut. I was convinced to stay for Spiderman and was so glad I did. It was much better than Batman with a faster pace and...humor! How novel!

By the time I rolled out of there it was late, late, late and I was very tired. It reminded me of my youth visiting the drive in theatre where I mostly just slept in the back of the station wagon. I need a station wagon!
All in all, a fantastically relaxing weekend. I'm almost ready to get back in the swing of a new work week and week two of rehearsals. All I could use is a little pool time!



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts