Vacation: Day 4

I had nothing planned for today, so I thoroughly enjoyed sleeping in. Yesterday's pool afternoon, wine, and cheese really wore me out! Vacationing is tough business!

The spark of motivation to get me going this morning was a walk in Perot Park. It wouldn't be a Trempealeau vacation without one woodsy adventure! Usually I stay at a friend's right off the river, so it takes me a good twenty minutes just to get to the park. This year I'm at the folks' out of town ranch, so I drove to the park.

That allowed me to walk farther into the park than I usually do. When I surfaced from the riverfront I was crazy close to my favorite spot in the park, so I pressed on. I was so glad I did. The only thing that would have made it better would be a sunset over my favorite spot in the park. Maybe tomorrow!
After recovering from the hike, I was off to see the shopping sites of La Crosse and meet my folks for pizza. They agreed to try someplace new so I could get a gluten free pizza. It was a delightful margarita pizza. The atmosphere was lovely and I'd love to return to sample more of their gluten free pizza options.

I'm still living it up in Wisconsin!

Comments

Popular Posts