Signs

CLOWDY SKIES OVER SURFSIDE BEACH, SC

My friend began her day bright and early (4:30 am I believe) on this day, but I wasn't ready to face the day until after 8am and a couple meditations under my belt. By 10:30, it was shaping up to be a rainy day already and after waffling about where to go for breakfast and getting ready, we decided on Tupelo Honey for lunch because it would be opening at 11am.

It was sprinkling by the time we arrived at the restaurant, so we waited in the car until after 11am before skipping quickly in to be greeted as one of their first customers of the day. As a matter of fact, they didn't even turn the booth lights on until after we were seated. Our waiter was an older, serious gentleman who was all business. Even my friend couldn't coax him that far out of his shell. 
TUPELO HONEY BREAKFAST BOWL IN MYRTLE BEACH, SC

I was delighted to discover they were serving all-day brunch. Breakfast is my favorite. I ordered a breakfast bowl with creamy goat cheese grits topped with crispy fried parmesan potatoes, egg, peppers, bacon, and some sort of cream sauce. It was peppery and delicious! I couldn't finish the whole thing, but I did finish my Bloody Mary, including the garnish - bacon, an olive, and what I think was a pickled okra!
BLOODY MARY FROM TUPELO HONEY IN MYRTLE BEACH, SC

During our coffee talk, the light at our booth seemed to swell and my friend asked if it was just our light or all the lights. I had thought they all changed, but my friend was telling me how sometimes lights are affected by her. I replied, "Don't you remember that always used to happen when we were together?" Most of the time it was street lights turning off or going on when we approached. I wish I could tell you what we had been talking about when it happened. I should keep better notes of these things!

The rain was pouring down as we made our way out of the restaurant, so we parked ourselves on a bench under an awning for awhile. After all, we can do soul talk anywhere. As we chatted, a cockroach came wandering up towards us, so my friend had to look it up. Turns out a cockroach sighting is considered to be good luck because of their resilient nature. They are adaptable and plentiful and because of this, they are associated with abundance and conquering all odds. We acknowledge your message Mr. Cockroach.

We booked it back to the car under my umbrella as the rain still hadn't let up. My early riser friend needed an afternoon nap after breakfast and I was too tired to focus on writing, so I laid down in bed to do a little distance reiki. I sent peace and calm to my friend to help her rest, then moved on to my list of friends and family who could use a little extra healing these days. I always ask to send healing for their best and highest good if they're willing to accept it. As a bonus, I enjoy deep relaxation and rejuvenation as well.

On this day I did this for almost an hour before getting up. My friend was snoring lightly, so I gathered my things and headed out onto the balcony to get a blog in. She came to check on me just as I was finishing up. The rain was still persisting, so we located a metaphysical shop to visit in hopes of getting a reading.  

When we entered the shop, there was a gaggle of people in the entryway having a boisterous conversation that felt overwhelming, but we moved past them into the store to explore. After the folks in front cleared out, we approached the desk to inquire about reading appointments. It turns out the gentleman doing the readings was all booked up for the day.

We both had a feeling that the next appointment would cancel and the rain was coming down hard outside, so we lingered around the tiny store for probably thirty minutes. Before throwing in the towel, I picked up a Crown Chakra stone and we overheard that the last appointment switched from in person to over the phone. So technically the person did cancel the physical appointment. 

The day was dotted with little signs everywhere we went. The key is to notice them and try to connect the dots. Sometimes these little signs lead to magical events and sometimes they point to a little piece of knowledge or understanding just when you need it. But it's the noticing of the signs that makes my life feel magical every day!

Comments

Popular Posts