Golden Celebration

I co-worker bought me a bottle of champagne last Friday to celebrate my golden anniversary here at the radio station. I marked my fourth year on August 4th. It has been quiet here all afternoon and the boss man just closed the office at 3pm. I was considering how long it would take me to drink a whole bottle of champagne by myself, but I think I'll just take it home and stash it in the fridge with my opening night bottle of champagne. One of these days I should have a party. Hey, speaking of which, I'm having a party. During some mandatory down time, I did some quality list-making for the upcoming Retro Happy Hour. I compiled detailed plans of what decorations go where, what items will go on which tables, I narrowed down the food and beverage choices, and made grocery lists. I even began a craft project. It is going to be fabulous. Just you wait and see! I had a guy come over Wednesday morning to look at my flooring situation and am waiting to get a quote from him for installation. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I will be able to get that flooring in yet. If I do, I'll be celebrating something fierce at my party! I just found out today that I will also be celebrating an almost 13-year reunion of seeing the Steve Miller Band in concert. Turns out I'm getting tickets to the outdoor concert at Fort McCoy. Thirteen years...where has the time gone?

Comments

Popular Posts