In The Blink Of An Eye

My 3rd Annual Housewarming party, Retro Happy Hour, has come and gone. I spent last Thursday and Friday off work, at home, preparing for the fabulous fiesta. Although my hallway flooring was not completed, I forged ahead with the party and covered the problem with rugs. It didn't seem to impose on anybody's good times. Thanks so much to Sam and Sherman for being my Party Pit Crew (Sherman must know how much I appreciate alliteration). Although I always think I can do it myself, it would have taken me much, much longer. You guys rock. I've accumulated a few bottles of wine that I would love to share with you over a juicy steak.

I always worry that I don't have enough food and spirits, but it seemed to work out perfectly. The last of the rum was in the mojito punch and before the limes hit the bottom of the bowl, the last guests were departing. There was an incident where a party guest tried to make side cars for Sherman and we had run out of Brandy. There was a discussion as to whether he should just use whiskey. Even though he knew Sherman probably would not know the difference, he refrained...until Sherman came out and told him to just use the whiskey because she wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

I had a clean-up crew of one...and it wasn't me. Thanks for that. I really can't get motivated to clean up after the party is over. It is never as much fun to tear down as it is to decorate. As it was, I went out to eat for lunch, rested on the couch, and went to rehearsal (where I spent most of the time with my eyes closed, lounging in the theatre seats).

I finally got motivated to clean when I found out my flooring guy was coming this morning to finish my hallway flooring. Apparently they have tracked down a box of flooring that will work with what is already installed! And now my kitchen is cleaned and ready for new flooring as well. Anyhow, Retro Happy Hour was marvy. Thanks to all who came and shared in the good times with me. My parties would not be so great if it weren't for all the fantastic guests. We'll see you next year.

Comments

Popular Posts