It's Today!

I just realized that my last post was my 100th! Just think...it all started back in March with a computer and a dream. It was my dream to pass the boring days sharing my exciting daily activities, thoughts on life, and numerous fears. However, as Ken once told me, "All you do is drink. It's drink, drink, drink, plant something, drink." So, maybe I've fallen short on my dream of having exciting daily activities to share with you. I'll try to do better in the next 100. Here is a glimpse into where I was when I began this blog: I just painted the living room tan with one red wall. (I still haven't found anything to hang on that fabulous red wall, but I ripped out my carpeting, bought a new sofa, new coffee table, and end tables, broke my old curtains, so they finally will have to be replaced, and replaced light fixtures.) I needed to pick out the flooring. (I finally did and it is still sitting in my guest room waiting to be installed, which will FINALLY happen next Monday! I found black and white kitchen flooring as well, managed to get the kitchen table repainted, and replaced the kitchen faucet. I didn't get the flooring for the bathroom, but purchased a new faucet yet to be installed and painted the black stripes in my pink and black bathroom.) I had gutters installed on the back corner of my house. (Which have been "fixed" twice and still leak. More pleasing is my line of 48 shrubs--most of which are doing well--and my new climbing roses in the backyard.) So much has happened since then. I'll try to remember to celebrate every day even if it is not a drinking day! The song from Mame that shares today's blog title tells us, "This very minute has history in it--we're here."

Comments

Popular Posts