Mostly Rainy With A 100% Chance Of Mopping

My basement is flooding. Exactly what I need this week, another thing to do...over and over and over again. The rain started Saturday and hasn't really stopped since then, but Saturday night the basement was still dry. I guess eventually all that water wants to level and by Sunday afternoon I had water coming at me from all sides. It is leaking in places it has never leaked before and it just keeps coming. That whole drainage system isn't working so well; the water has been pooling under the stairs about 6 feet away from the drain. I spent a little quality time with the mop this morning waiting for my flooring guy to arrive. That's right! I'm getting new flooring today! I'm so excited! Last night, my friend Michael came over to help me remove the old tiling down the hallway. He really did most of the work, but it only took about an hour and a half. Pretty impressive. Now I'm crossing my fingers that the garbage guys take the three bags of tile I set out for them and Wednesday I'll see how the carpet fairs on the curb. All of my furniture is living in the office and the kitchen right now. Peanut moved to Trempealeau for the duration of the flooring experience. My house feels so empty right now...except for all the liquor bottles and glasses lined up for my party. I shall pretend they are good friends to keep from getting lonely. Maybe we will have a pool party in the basement!

Comments

Popular Posts