A Journey Begins

PUPPY RIVER IN MANITOWOC, WI


Yesterday I began a journey! It all started with this idea I had when I became unemployed in February of 2020. I had the time and resources to make a grand road trip to visit family and friends, but COVID quickly took the wind out of my sails. Or gas out of the tank as the case may be. My car remained parked for a good portion of 2020 while I waited out the pandemic in Illinois. 

In June 2021 I was puzzling at the folks' house in Trempealeau, WI and listening to a facebook live about manifesting during the new moon. My intention was to manifest Direction. I often feel open to the possibilities, but perhaps not as confident in choosing what I really want. I usually get into this super zen state while puzzling. Tuned in, tapped in, turned on. And this thought dropped in.... "It's time to do the road trip." 

This realization brought tingles throughout my body (a sure sign I'm being called in this direction). However, it was quickly followed by three scheduled job interviews for the following Monday. Each one a completely different direction. I thought "Super funny, universe." It's like I got all possible directions all at once, but for the first time in a long time, I felt really confident that the decision I already made to pack up my belongings and put them in storage was the right one. It would give me more financial freedom to finally make that trip I dreamed up in the pre-pandemic days.

But listening to my inner calling hasn't always come as easily. While admittedly spiritual and open to metaphysical experiences during my first forty-ish years, I didn't really trust myself. And you have to trust yourself if you have any desire to follow the unique path you are hear to walk. You are the only person who can connect with that knowledge. It isn't what other people think you should do or what society thinks you should do. It is your own path to carve. There are never any mistakes and you can't get it wrong, so why not start to listen for the guidance from inside?

I would say I truly began my spiritual path to self discovery and acceptance in 2018. I had been diagnosed with a chronic, degenerative condition and was taking medication that made me feel dulled. I felt like I was less than what I came here to be and what's worse is that the medication messed with all sorts of things and didn't entirely make the condition much better... sometimes it was worse. I knew that I had the power within me to heal myself and so with my doctor's guidance, I weaned myself from the high dosage of meds I was taking.

In April of 2018 I attended the virtual Hay House Healing Summit for the first time. It is filled with lots of different people talking about lots of different healing modalities. There are practices I learned that spring that I still continue to this day. My daily shower is a prime example. I approach a shower as meditation. I don't think about what I have to do for the day or let my mind be busy with chatter. When those thoughts come up, I let them run right down the drain. I set the intention at the beginning that I'm going to wash away all that no longer serves me. When my shower is done, I do an Ayurvedic massage using my wet skin moisturizer, do an energetic cord cutting by pulling my right hand from my left shoulder, down and across my body and then pulling my left hand from my right shoulder, down and across my body. I do this several times and usually let out a great big sigh of relief. 

Seeing the difference in myself energetically right away, I vowed then to follow any spiritual leads that came my way. I have always believed when the student is ready, the teacher appears and with the advantage of today's digital algorithms, it's easier than ever to follow the spiritual path that appears in your newsfeed. I set the intention to listen for my calling, and when I did follow a lead... magical things would happen. 

But that story is a journey in itself. I set out to present to you a sort of preamble before my trip, but as life goes, things didn't work out exactly as I planned. I have a feeling that the parts of my story that brought me to today will reveal themselves alongside this physical journey I have embarked upon. I look forward to the unfolding and I hope you do too!

The first leg of my journey was Trempealeau, WI > Manitowoc, WI (222.4 miles, 3 hours and 57 minutes). I'm doggy sitting for my brother's puppy, River, this weekend. It feels like a great launching pad from which to be birthed out into the world. Heading East across the state, my car rolled 55,555 miles on the odometer. The sequence 55555 is supposed to be a spiritual sign that my life will go through a major transformation. It reflects a positive change that will lead to a new and fulfilling way of life. Perfect.


READ MORE ABOUT THIS TRIP & DONATE

Comments

Popular Posts