Perspective

VIEW OF SUNSHINE SKYWAY BRIDGE FROM ANNA MARIA ISLAND, FLORIDA


I definitely slept in on my last Tampa morning with a shorter drive on my agenda. I got up and ready for the day, and my host ushered me on to the next leg of my journey with a hug (yeah, I’m a hugger now) and a full cup of coffee.

As I pulled up my GPS in the car, I fully planned to direct my route around Tampa Bay to avoid the Sunshine Skyway Bridge, but at the last minute I saw an encouraging post from a friend on facebook to just do it and so I set my GPS for Anna Mara Island and started preparing myself for the experience. I dialed into some Abraham Hicks on YouTube for the drive as this always tends to raise my vibration.

I called on reiki energy for my journey ahead and told myself I was ready to let go of the fear and move on. I told myself I would let go of the ropes when the fear was pulling me down. As I traveled South, I kept crossing big bridges thinking “This is it!” I would tell myself that I loved myself and I was so proud of myself and I felt the gratitude of the magnificent views along the way. After crossing one bridge and then another and then another, by the time I saw the bridge I was in an almost perfect state of calm with the feeling of “I got this!”

The Sunshine Skyway Bridge connects Lower Tampa Bay to Terra Ceia and all 4.14 miles of it unfolded smoothly. Even at the apex with 180.5 feet below me, I was feeling way better than coming into Savannah. As I descended down the bridge, I suddenly heard the words “You are forever changed” from the Abraham Hicks clip I had been listening to. In all fairness, the climb was not as severe, traffic was fairly light, and the weather was perfect, but I did feel changed. As I headed towards Anna Maria Island, I stopped off at a boat landing for a photo op. After snapping the photo, I realized the Skyway Bridge was just a little blip on the horizon. A little perspective goes a long way!

LEARN MORE ABOUT MY TRIP & DONATE 

Comments

Popular Posts