Timing

DOWNTOWN PIKEVILLE, KY


Things are always working out for me. Sometime you don't think that things are going your way, but so many times if you hang in there, you will find that things really were working out for you all along. My last day in Pikeville was a great reminder of this.

I got up a little earlier this day and got ready for the day. I enjoyed my cup of coffee with Tillie by my side and was ready to head out into the world by mid-morning. I had a list of errands I was going to take care of for my Aunt and was planning to meet her at 12:30 for lunch.

I started errands at a drive-in oil change place. There was one car ahead of me in line and I sent a message to let my Aunt know the errand portion of the day had begun. Once into the stall, my oil change took less than 15 minutes and I was on my way to my aunt's nearby storage unit to refresh the mouse repellent packets. 

From there it was a fairly short drive to the Goodwill store in Coal Run Village and the exchange of one bag of clothing for a tax receipt went smoothly. The UPS Store was next on the list. After hopping over there quickly it was a longer wait in line to drop off the 29 pound bag of papers to be shredded. Once all the items were checked off on my list, I attempted to put the corporate headquarters of the bank where my Aunt works into my GPS so I could give her an ETA of arrival. I didn't get any results that said corporate headquarters and I knew where the building was, so I figured it will be what it will be. 

I missed the entrance of the parking ramp at 12:29pm and after turning around, I pulled into the lobby parking lot at exactly 12:30pm. My aunt walked out to the car and hopped in to taxi off to our lunch destination. With the ebb and flow of all of the morning activities, it's amazing that it worked out perfectly when all I needed to do was envision myself arriving at the bank at 12:30.

We enjoyed a leisurely picnic lunch in the park from Mountain Cafe before I deposited my aunt back at the bank to finish off the rest of her day before her 4pm hair appointment. I attempted to visit the Moon Light Pathways crystal shop that had been recommended to me on my last visit to Pikeville, but once again it was closed for the afternoon. I headed home to regroup, thinking maybe I would find an antique store to visit.

After a little rest and relaxation with Tillie, I concluded that the right activity for the afternoon was hitting the pool again. I felt like I had an abundance of time because of the late hair appointment before I needed to get into the kitchen to make dinner. I had a harder time letting go than the previous day, so once again  I practiced reiki on the water and quickly fell into a deep state of relaxation. I got out of the pool around 5pm and got a message from my aunt that she would be heading back earlier than expected.

I headed inside to change and we waited for a prospective buyer to come to collect her new dresser from the garage. As they pulled into the driveway, I started dinner and we were eating our Chili Lime Pork at a normal dinner time for us. I love how perfectly summery this dish is! The mix of corn, tomatoes, peppers, and the sweet and spicy of the Chili Lime are great on a hot summer day.

We opted out of cards on this evening in favor of a little TV time and an earlier bed time for us both. I got up early the next day as I prepared to leave when she took off for work. We had a proper Midwest goodbye beginning in the kitchen, then moving to the driveway, before we eventually hugged and hopped in our cars to face the road ahead. So far the timing of this trip has been like clockwork!

Comments

Popular Posts