Just Float

WONDERS OF WISCONSIN DELI CHEESE


With only a few days in Pikeville, KY I needed to make the most of my time there. I started out with serious Tillie snuggles. Followed up by cards with aunt Debbie. I even planned to make the Pampered Chef Chili Lime Pork recipe. But in between all that? Floating in the pool of course.

After a long drive from Manitowoc to Pikeville, I took the opportunity to sleep in a little later. I started my first full day there with a cup of Cold Brew Coffee I had prepared upon my arrival, enjoyed on the patio, with Tillie on my lap. The faint song of the the wind chime on the breeze and the gurgling of the pool put me right into relaxation mode.

I actually had an interview scheduled for that day at 2pm. I kept having to remind myself so I wouldn't forget. I headed out to pick up groceries and was delighted by a cheese case with a big sign that read "Wonders of Wisconsin." I got home in time to lay down to snuggle Tillie a little more while I researched the company I would be interviewing with. During the interview call, I had a moment of connection issues, so Tillie and I headed out to the patio for better service. 

By the time the interview was over, I was ready for a dip in the pool! I pulled on my swimming suit, grabbed my floatie out of the shed, and traipsed up the stairs to the deck with my sunscreen in hand. Dosed with sunscreen and floating in the pool my mind was playing over some of those interview questions. I reminded myself to be here and now in the present moment. I listened to the gurgle of the filter, felt the cool water and the hot sun on my skin, but that wasn't quite enough.

In June I went through a Holy Fire Reiki placement. This was a calling that I'm sure I still don't understand fully, but stars aligned for me to do the training and I immersed myself in the experience for an entire weekend in Wisconsin in the midst of my move from Illinois to Wisconsin.

Because I didn't really know why I was being called to this practice, I didn't really have any expectation of what the experience would be like. Honestly, when our instructor said "Who is ready to practice?" I thought "Ooooh.... not me." But my body told another story. My hand began to pulse and I quickly was overcome with intense heat in my body. It was as if someone had stoked a fire in the core of my being and it was attempting to consume me completely. 

Over the next couple of days we received Reiki I and II placements and performed a lot of practice on our fellow trainees. There is so much more I could share about this unbelievable weekend, the beautiful souls I shared this time with, and my experiences surrounding this event, but perhaps they will reveal themselves as needed along this journey. For now I know that something is definitely different and I have a healing and calming power available to me at a moment's notice (or when I feel someone needs it).

So as I found myself floating in this pool and attempting to keep my mind in the present moment, I decided to practice a little reiki. With my eyes closed I went through the process and treated the pool water with reiki. I continued on to perform distance reiki for some people in my life who might need the healing energy. The whole time I was completely conscious and focused on the task at hand, to flow reiki to those who need it.

I was told that reiki helps to heal the person who is administering it is much as the person who is receiving it. This is really what drew me to the practice in the first place. I feel we all could use a little more peace and calm in our lives. But when I finally decided to open my eyes I realized how profoundly relaxed I was. I closed my eyes again. I needed time to ground myself after having floated around like a slow motion pin ball. 

After coming back into my body, I slipped off my floatie and into the pool as if to baptize myself in the healing energy. I just resurfaced when my aunt came rushing out of the house to tell me that a prospective buyer would be there in 30 minutes to do a walk through of her house. I needed to get dressed and we needed to straighten the house and get a move on before then! 

I quickly got out of the pool and was shocked to find out that over an hour had passed while I was floating. There is something to be said for just floating to bring you back to yourself!

LEARN MORE ABOUT MY JOURNEY & DONATE

Comments

Popular Posts